Arbitration has become the preferred method for resolving disputes in the international environment, as it offers some advantages over national court-based litigation such as flexibility, confidentiality and, in particular, prospects for enforcement of awards.
LITIGO PARTNERS has extensive experience advising on incorporating arbitration agreements and intervening in all arbitration proceedings before the leading international institutions, whether under common law or continental law. We also bring legal actions before the ordinary courts as necessary, such as challenges to jurisdiction, anti-suit injunctions, and proceedings to enforce awards.
Our extensive experience is reflected in the range of clients for whom we act and the diversity of matters under the leading international arbitration rules, including:
- International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
- London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA)
- American Arbitration Association (AAA)
- International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR)
- International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID)
- United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL)
- International Arbitration Rules of the Swiss Chambers of Commerce (Swiss Chambers)
- Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC)
- China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (CIETAC)
- Stockholm Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce (SCC)
- Vienna International Arbitration Centre (VIAC)
- Dubai International Arbitration Centre (DIAC)
Cases & News
The Permanent Court of Arbitration declared on its 13 March final award that Banco Popular Español SA (BP) investors failed…
By now we have all read the news of the collapse of Credit Suisse and its takeover by UBS. This…
Paris Court allows Malaysia´s bid to temporarily stop sulu Sultanates heirs from enforcing a us$14.9b arbitration win.
On Tuesday, the Paris Court of Appeal ordered a stay of enforcement of the $14.92 billion award, issued on 28…